Monday, November 9, 2009

Oh how the time gets away from me

This has been a crazy month. So many things that I would love to share but either can't, won't, or even shouldn't. Wow that might make for an unbearable piece to read.
First thing to all parents PLEASE research any kind of vaccination you are planning on giving your child. To each their own but at least be informed.
Too many people have just been jabbing a needle in their childs arm without even the slightest idea what they are putting in or if their child is in need of this vaccine.
Yes H1N1 is scary but you need to look at the facts of those that get it and the reasons it wasn't recognized or dealt with in time. This is why I say BE INFORMED don't go hyper vigillant of ever little thing your child touches, or in my sons case licks. My son has had a chest cold and he is fine, all parents know what it's like to watch that thermometer start to rise past your comfort zone. The number 104 is the scariest number to any parent. Ok I'm done with that no more scary flu talk.

Alex on the other hand has started to make his weekly trips to Nannie and Grampas house. I have learned that when you are the one who is getting him ready to be picked up it is not wise to utter these words, "Is it Nannie and Grampa day?". This will prompt my young prince to go downstairs and start to put on shoes and yell at the top of his lungs, "Nae Nae Nannie Nannie Grampa Grampa Grampa". This does continue until we get on the shoes and my parents show up. Sometimes that feels like an eternity.
He then spends the day running errands, surpisingly enough he loves it anything where he gets to push a cart of any kind is usually well received. He then gets to go back to Nannie and Grampas for a sleepover. This usually consists of eating dinner play time and bath time. The best part is when Hockey comes on and he gets his cheering lesson from Grampa. It's sort of looking like blasting off from his Einstein show but it ends with a big YAY and much clapping and running around. I can figure out who gets happier about the time spent together, him or them. Might have to look into a tie on that one.
Best part of it all is he gets a break from us and we get to have sometime where it's not all about him and a little bit more about my husband and I.

And last but not least, The holiday season for most servers can be VERY lucritive and I plan on taking advantage of that as much as I can. That sounds bad, I am actually planning the first Adopt a Family for Christmas. It's basiclly what it sounds like you go to the United way and they pick a less fortunate family with children. You then buy the Christmas dinner and gifts for the family, you can also give clothes or extra food for after Christmas. My thought was this; We have all the restaurants on Elgin St. ( I have to start small the first year), ask thier servers bartenders hostesses and busser for a $2 donation per shift. When your staring at the 150 you made that shift it doesn't feel like as much of a bite in the pocket. Then we request that the restaurant owners match the donation this would mean that enough food and clothes could be bought for at least 6 families hopefullt getting them through the first part of winter.
My thought is that you never know when it will be you at the bottom, it can happen at the drop of a hat. So why not lay the Karmic ground work so to say, maybe then if it does happen to you the landing may be a bit softer or the climb back up a little easier.

All for now hope it was a bit to think on
later.

No comments:

Post a Comment