Sunday, June 6, 2010

When enough is enough

So the events of the past week are justt to much for me. I have asked my husband to leave. This decision was based on many factors, mainly he refuses to give up doing drugs and working at bars till 4am.
Now please understand I have not fallen out of love with my husband. I have seen the darker side of his addiction, his complete removal from doing any thing productive or helpful is too much.
When asked a year and a half ago to stop smoking pot he did reluctantly, I was knowing too well that this might blow up in my face. It did but it took a year for him to ride a steady decline. He started hiding it from me and then when confronted he lied.
We then started having to weather some financial waves, now this is both of us that had to deal with this. He lost it he spirialed down and didn't even want to see the top. I tried my best to help him but was met with A BRICK WALL OF RESISITANCE!!! To the point of hiding his head under pillows and blankets to continue putting off any conversations. He had said many times, "You just need to let it go". I don't believe that ignoring something till it "goes away" is productive in anyway. I know him and I are different in our approches to life. I want to face it head on and try to find a solution as quickily as possible. He on the other hand wants it all to go away.
That would be really nice if that work think of it, you would never have to deal with another problem just keep putting it to the back of your mind and eventually it goes away.
In my experience with this form of "Dealing with life" (which is vast, I used to be a hider too) it is short lived and only sinks you into a much deeper hole.
This brings me to my next point, "It ain't all about you anymore" our son, who is spectacular deserves more.He deserves to not see life from the bottom and have to climb out because of my husbands or my laziness or lack of want to do something. This is the statement that all to be parents and parents alike need to hear, Your childhood is over, the moment that you decided that a new little person into the world you have to step up and take all that you want and need out of the equation. I'm not saying be chained to the house, (though some of you will) but parenthood is a full time job. this means all of you this does not mean when you feel like it.
I am not an expert I do not have all the answers but I'm willing to fail and pick myself up. I am willing to fight for the things that matter to me and I will stand my ground. I do all this for my choice for my son.
That said I would like to say that I waited till I was older to have my child and to get married. I believed that it is important for all people to have thier lives and thier own adventures before venturing into the scary land that is parenthood. I amt not be the most mature and I don't have it all figured out, but I'm doing my best

No comments:

Post a Comment