Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Einstein Obsession

So i know that most parents will go through the favorite show phase with their kids. some like Dora the explorer, others it's Franklin. My son has one all time favorite, Disneys Little Einsteins. he enjoys following the adventures of Leo, Annie, June,Quincy and of course the best character in the show in my sons eyes, Rocket. this show impressed me from the start the premiss is 4 children with extraordinary talents for music and dance go around the world exploring and going on missions. The backgrounds are great works of art from the likes of VanGough, Divinci, Warhol and the music that plays in the background could be anywhere from Vivaldi to Mozart.
Now that you have the low down on the Einseins, I'll get to the point. In the begging of each episode there is alittle ritual they say "We've got a mission". They then run to board Rocket at which point my son runs up to the T.V or plants his butt in his chair and and begins the lap patting action that the children are encouraged to join in to help give rocket power. After the seatbelts are buckled and the power of lap patting has taken effect they then throw their hands in the air and yell "BLAST OFF".
Through out the rest of the episode, (which I might add we have purchased many DVDs of and Alexs grandpa has PVRed about 20 episodes), Alex will dance sing along and have a generally rockin good time. He has been able to say "Einstiens" before he could really say mama.
He's not the only one who enjoys it you can usually catch anyone such as myself, my husband, my parents, my aunt, or his cousin Ayv, singing the songs unknowinglly from time. It's catchy and fun and I am so happy that he has taken to a show like this.
There are times when we use Einstien referances to get him to comply with what we need him to do with out having a fit. It has gotten us through those long shopping trips where you have to get in and out of the car repeatedly. He can become a bit of a zombie on it, but he loves it so much he would probably watch it all day everyday if we would let him.
All I can really say is if he loves it then I love it.

That's all I've got for now more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment